Advanced Navigation with Built-in Dash Cam
- GPS auto navigator with built-in dash cam, advanced driver alerts such as Forward Collision Warning5 and 5.0-inch capacitive touch, pinch-to-zoom display
- Preloaded with lifetime maps
- Provides real-time services2 such as live traffic and live parking
- View live parking information, including pricing and availability trends for on-street public parking, as you approach your destination
- Built-in dash cam with optional audio continuously records your drive and automatically saves files on impact; GPS records where and when events occurred
Enjoy camera support behind the wheel with Garmin DriveAssist, the GPS navigator with a built-in dash cam. This navigator features smart capabilities such as Bluetooth® hands-free calling4 and live services plus camera-assisted driver alerts that help keep an eye out for you. The future is on your Garmin. Just look ahead and drive.
Built-in Dash Cam
For an eyewitness account when you need it most, Garmin DriveAssist comes with a compact, built-in dash camera that continuously records your drive, with optional in-vehicle audio recording. The Incident Detection G-sensor will automatically save video footage on impact. GPS records exactly when and where the events occurred. A replaceable microSD™ card is included, and you can easily play back video footage right on the device. Or use our free VIRB® app to watch footage later on your compatible smartphone or tablet.
Live Services for Your Drive
Outsmart traffic jams with time-saving alternate routes or by avoiding them altogether. Then, with live information, spend less time searching for a parking space. For traffic alerts, relevant rerouting directions and up-to-date weather forecasts, download the Smartphone Link app, which connects your Garmin DriveAssist navigator with your compatible smartphone. As you near your destination, take the stress out of parking by viewing pricing and availability trends for on-street public parking. The Smartphone Link app also enables LiveTrack², which lets drivers share their location so friends can track your whereabouts whether you are running errands around town or taking a long road trip.
Camera-Assisted Driver Alerts
Take advantage of innovative driver awareness features available only on Garmin DriveAssist. When your car is stopped in traffic, the “Go” Alert notifies you when traffic in front of you has started to move. The Forward Collision Warning5 alerts if you’re driving too closely to the vehicle ahead, and if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic, receive Lane Departure Warning5 alerts. Easily navigate hard to read house numbers, thanks to the Garmin Real Vision™ feature. When you approach address destinations, your navigation display will switch to a camera view, showing a bright arrow that points to where you need to go.
Putting the Smart in Smart Connectivity
When you sync your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to Garmin DriveAssist, you get great features that let you stay connected without taking your hands off the wheel. Make hands-free phone calls and receive customisable smart notifications6 on your navigator’s display. That means you can see incoming calls, text messages and calendar reminders without even having to reach for your phone.
Need directions? Just say the word. Garmin DriveAssist features voice-activated navigation that responds to your commands and then navigates to where you need to go.
Wi-Fi Keeps You up to Date
We make it easy to keep your maps and software up to date now that the Garmin DriveAssist navigator features built-in Wi-Fi. When a new update is available and you’re on your wireless home network, you’ll automatically receive an onscreen notification. That’s your cue to plug your device into any outlet and let it update over Wi-Fi while it charges. Then you’ll be ready to hit the road again.
Driver Alerts: Know Your Surroundings
To encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness, Garmin DriveAssist provides driver alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railway crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, the navigator will warn you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and alert you to nearby schools and school zones. Receive notifications for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras8, and even get fatigue warnings that suggest potential rest areas after several hours of driving.
More Navigation from Your Garmin Smartwatch
When you pair this navigator with your compatible Garmin smartwatch (sold separately), you can receive navigation right on your wrist, even after you’ve parked your car and are walking toward your destination. Also get helpful driver alerts on your watch. Don’t worry about losing your car in a crowded car park; your smartwatch provides compass guidance from your parked vehicle to your destination and back to your vehicle again.
Give yourself and your loved ones a little peace of mind by knowing that if an incident occurs, they’ll be promptly notified. Just designate your chosen contact, and they will automatically receive a text message4 unless you cancel the message prompt before it sends. The text notification includes a map link to where the incident occurred.
Recap the Ride with Travelapse
Use the built-in dash cam to create a cool video of your next road trip. The Travelapse feature captures your long, scenic driving footage and lets you use the free VIRB app on your compatible smartphone to create a short video recap. After that, it’s easy to share on social media to relive the memories again and again.
Road Trips Just Got Better with TripAdvisor
When you’re not familiar with the area, it’s nice to have something to point you in the right direction. That’s why we’re bringing TripAdvisor to your Garmin DriveAssist navigator. View ratings for travel points of interest, such as hotels, restaurants and attractions, along your route or near your destination. From the world’s largest travel site directly to your car, we’re helping you find the stops that make the entire journey part of the destination. Also locate new attractions with the built-in Trip Planner tool, which adds fun to road trips by suggesting interesting stops along the way.
Friendly Guidance from Garmin Real Directions
Redefine “spoken turn-by-turn” directions with Garmin Real Directions. Our easy-to-understand driving directions use recognisable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights in addition to spoken street names, guiding you as if your best friend is sitting in the passenger seat. No more squinting to read distant street signs. Just listen for Garmin Real Directions to tell you, “Turn left after the petrol station,” or “Turn right after the red building.” Following directions has never been easier.
Works with Garmin Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, Garmin DriveAssist pairs with the BC™ 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin DriveAssist display as you move in reverse.
High Quality Maps
The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most – reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in your car.
Maps and Memory:
- Preloaded street maps
- Includes map updates
- Storage and power capacity: Yes (Dash Cam memory card: min 4 GB data card included; Class 4 or higher; map data card not included).
- Garmin Real Directions™ landmark guidance
- Millions of Foursquare® points of interest
- TripAdvisor® ratings for points of interest
- Route shaping through preferred cities/streets
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)
- Traffic compatible: Yes (via Smartphone Link)
- Lifetime updates
- Lane assist with junction view (displays junction signs): Yes (photoReal junction view)
- Bluetooth® calling
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
- Smart notifications via Smartphone Link app
- Wi-Fi® map and software updates
- Access Live traffic and weather with Smartphone Link app
- Driver alerts for sharp curves, school zones, red light and speed camera warnings, and more
- Camera-assisted features for forward collision warnings, lane departure warnings, “Go” alert and Garmin Real Vision™
- Backup camera compatible: Yes, includes external video input for Garmin backup cameras (sold separately)
- Trip planner: Yes
- Trip log: Yes
- Built-in Dash Cam: Yes
- Driver alerts for sharp curves, school zones, red light and speed camera warnings and more: Yes
- Camera-assisted features for Forward Collision Warnings, Lane Departure Warnings: Yes
- Garmin Real Directions™ landmark guidance: Yes
- Foursquare POIs: Yes
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.