The Ledger Nano S is a Bitcoin, Ethereum and Altcoins hardware wallet, based on robust safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. It connects to any computer (USB) and embeds a secure OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons.
Latest Generation Hardware
When you own cryptocurrencies, you need to protect your confidential data and the access to your funds. With Ledger Nano S, secrets like private keys are never exposed: sensitive operations are isolated inside your hardware wallet within a state-of-the-art Secure Element, locked by a PIN code. Transactions can?t get tampered with, they are physically verified on the embedded screen with a simple press of a button.
Pay And Authenticate
Ledger Nano S includes Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic companion apps, and other blockchain-based cryptocurrencies. You can send and receive payments, check your accounts and manage multiple addresses for each currency from the same device. Nano S also supports the FIDO Universal Second Factor standard that simplifies the authentication process on compatible online services such as GMail, Dashlane, Dropbox or GitHub.
– Ledger Nano S supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and altcoins: hold different assets in the same hardware wallet
– Check and confirm transactions on the display and confirm with using the physical buttons (anti-malware second factor)
– Your confidential data is never exposed: it is secured inside a strongly isolated environment locked by a PIN code
– Use companion apps such as cryptocurrencies wallets, and also FIDO U2F, GPG, SSH or build your own applications
Fido Certified U2F:
– Ledger Nano S supports the FIDO Universal Second Factor authentication standard on Google, Dropbox, GitHub or Dashlane
Backup & Restoration:
– Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet. Easy restoration on any Ledger device or compatible wallets (BIP39/BIP44)
– Dimension & Weight
– Size: 98mm x 18mm x 9mm
– Weight: 16.2g
– Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome OS
– Requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S
Microcontrollers & Connector:
– Connector: USB Type Micro-B
– Certification level: CC EAL5+
– Chips: ST31H320 (secure) + STM32F042
– Brushed stainless steel and Plastic.