What’s in the box:
– Garmin Soft Strap Premium Heart Rate Monitor
– Snap-On Heart Rate Monitor
– Chest Strap
– Sends Heart Rate Wirelessly to Device
– Adjustable Strap for Comfortable Fit
– Strap is Washable
– ANT+ connectivity is a requirement for Wireless Connectivity
*Does not transmit heart rate data to your device while swimming
– Package Weight 0.25 lb
– Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 6.614 x 2.835 x 2.284″
For more compatible products, please check with the manufacturer’s website
The Garmin Soft Strap Premium Heart Rate Monitor straps to your chest while exercising and wirelessly transmits your heart rate to your compatible device. The front part of the strap contains the heart rate module and is made of flexible plastic. The part of the strap that goes around your back is made of a soft fabric and is adjustable to your size. The fabric of the strap can be removed and washed by hand to keep it clean. Once the heart rate monitor is paired with your compatible device the first time, it will automatically recognize it each time.
Below are the steps for initial pairing of ant+ sensor to a forerunner 35 from the manual, naturally if these are the steps the customer followed and it is still not working there may be additional troubleshooting steps dependant on what the results are, we don’t often experience out of box failures with the HRM devices:
Pairing ANT+ Sensors
Pairing is the connecting of ANT+ wireless sensors, for example, connecting a heart rate monitor with your Garmin device. The first time you connect an ANT+ sensor to your device, you must pair the device and sensor. After the initial pairing, the device automatically connects to the sensor when you start your activity and the sensor is active and within range.
– Select, select an activity profile.
– Install the sensor or put on the heart rate monitor.
– Bring the device within 1 cm of the sensor, and wait while the device connects to the sensor.
– When the device detects the sensor, a message appears. You can customize a data field to display sensor data
– If necessary, select, Settings, Sensors to manage ANT+ sensors